Residence permit granted for the purposes of research
A residence permit will be granted to a foreign researcher for the purposes of research
- if the researcher has entered into an effective hosting agreement with a research institute. This institute must be recognised for carrying out the particular authorisation procedure for researchers in the Federal Republic.
- if the recognised research institute has undertaken in writing to assume the costs that are incurred by public offices as a result of an unauthorised stay by the researcher in a Member State of the European Union up to six months after the hosting agreement has come to an end.
display as attention: Comment
A residence permit for researchers is issued for at least one year unless the research project's duration is shorter. The immigration authority in the place where the foreigner is resident is responsible for issuing the residence permit.
The granting of the residence permit for researchers is generally subject to the following conditions:
- the foreign national’s means of living is assured,
- his/her identity and nationality are declared,
- there are no grounds for deportation or an entry ban,
the obligation to hold a passport is fulfilled
- the foreign national has entered the country with the required visa.