BAMF - Bundesamt für Migration und Flüchtlinge - Leaving the country

Navigation and service

to welcome page

Putting people first: providing security, creating opportunities, embracing change

Leaving the country

Valid travel documents, and where appropriate entry visas for the destination country, are needed in order to leave Germany.

The IOM only processes applications with valid travel documents and the necessary visas!

With regard to the conditions for entry, please also consult the information available from the Federal Foreign Office by clicking on the link below.

The border crossing certificate provides documentation of the actual departure. The document should be submitted to the border authorities or German consulate in the destination country.

A valid Visa is needed for entry in case of onward migration to a reseptive state; any additional documents regarding a (permanent) residence entitlement must be kept at hand.

The information and advice centres for emigrants and persons working abroad can provide further information on this matter.

Date 28 November 2016

Additional Information

Co-financed by the European Union

European Flag


Do you have any questions? Please contact us!

Federal Office for Migration and Refugees - return hotline

Frankenstraße 210
90461 Nürnberg
Telephone: +49 911 943 - 0
Fax: +49 911 943 - 1000
E-mail: Write a message
to contact form

Contacts and addresses

© 2019 Copyright by Federal Office for Migration and Refugees. All rights reserved.