The Kosovo URA 2 return project
The "URA 2" project offers Kosovan returnees comprehensive advisory services and numerous reintegration and support activities. The aim is to enable people to sustainably reintegrate into their former home country.
The "URA 2" project thus provides free, comprehensive social counselling, as well as psychological care where it is needed.
A personal interview will be held in order to determine the individual requirements, together with the counsellor, to enable the return (be it voluntary or forced) and the related reintegration into the country of origin on a holistic basis.
Support available for returnees:
Immediate assistance includes:
- free social counselling/job placement,
- partial reimbursement of travel costs to the centre,
- one-off payment of an interim benefit of max. € 50 per person,
- one-off reimbursement of treatment costs and the cost of medicines up to € 150 per person, and
- monthly rent support of up to € 100 for max. six months.
The reintegration measures include:
- one-off reimbursement of training costs for language lessons up to € 100 per person,
- provision of basic school materials (benefits in kind),
- tutoring for school-age children and juveniles,
- contribution towards training costs for theoretical (€ 120) and practical (€ 50) vocational further training,
- contribution towards living expenses during training of up to € 250 for voluntary returnees and up to € 200 for forced returnees, and
- job placement/job-creation measures with payment of salary contributions for six months up to a maximum amount of € 150 per month for voluntary returnees, or € 100 per month for forced returnees.
The following one-off payments are granted to support starting up a business:
- training costs up to € 500,
- financial training support of € 100, and
- start-up payment for promising business ideas up to € 3,000.
display as attention: Note
If you are thinking of returning to your home region in Kosovo and would like to receive further information about "URA 2", please contact the Federal Office or our returnees’ centre in Priština directly.
Applications for support benefits can only be submitted at the Returnees’ Centre in Priština.
The centre is open to the public from Tuesday to Thursday from 9 to 11.30 a.m. and from 12.30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
display as hint: Note
Background information on "URA 2"
The European Commission supported a project for returnees from January 2006 to October 2008 which supported Kosovan returnees in reintegrating into their home country.
The "URA 2" has been running since January 2009 as the follow-up project, and is supported on a purely national basis. To this end, building on the first project, the Federation and the Federal Länder Baden-Württemberg, Lower Saxony, North Rhine-Westphalia, Saxony, Saxony-Anhalt and Thuringia have joined together with the aim of facilitating the reintegration of people returning to the Republic of Kosovo and of further improving the management of returns as a whole. The Federal Länder Berlin and Bremen have also been taking part in the URA 2 project since 1 January 2016.