BAMF - Bundesamt für Migration und Flüchtlinge - Assisted return

Navigation and service

Eine Grafik zeigt bunte Getrieberädchen, die von Händen aneinander gehalten werden.

Coordination Agency for Integrated Return Management

The Federal Republic of Germany considers an effective, humane policy on returns to constitute an efficient as well as tried-and-tested management tool within migration policy.

More: Coordination Agency for Integrated Return Management …

REAG/GARP support programme

With the humanitarian REAG/GARP support programme, the Federal Government and Länder provide assistance to persons in voluntarily returning to their country of origin or in onward migration to a state that is willing to receive them.

More: REAG/GARP support programme …

Eine junge Frau mit Headset steht vor einer Weltkarte

ZIRF - Individual counselling on returns

The counselling services of the Information Centre for Voluntary Return (ZIRF) provide country fact sheets and answers to individual enquiries of those interested in returning.

More: ZIRF - Individual counselling on returns …

Logo des IOM

The Northern Iraq project

The International Organisation for Migration (IOM Iraq) manages a return project for voluntary returnees to Northern Iraq with the support of the German Federal Office for Migration and Refugees and the European Return Fund.

More: The Northern Iraq project …

ERIN project

ERIN (European Reintegration Instrument Network) is a joint return and reintegration project involving seven European partner states. The project receives most of its funding from the EU Commission and was launched on 1 June 2014.

More: ERIN project …

Das Wort Kosoca steht über einer Brücke, in jedem Bogen steht ein Buchstabe. Diese zusammen bilden das Wort URA

The Kosovo URA 2 return project

The "URA 2" project offers Kosovan returnees comprehensive advisory services and numerous reintegration and support activities. The aim is to enable people to sustainably reintegrate into their former home country.

More: The Kosovo URA 2 return project …

Additional Information

FAQ: Assisted returns

People whose asylum application in Germany has been turned down may opt to return voluntarily. This is an alternative to forced return. Asylum-seekers whose asylum proceedings have not yet been concluded may also return to their country of origin voluntarily. These FAQs indicate what needs to be taken into account, what the advantages of voluntary return are and what promotional programmes and advice are on offer.

More: FAQ: Assisted returns …

© 2016 Copyright by Federal Office for Migration and Refugees. All rights reserved.